Mind • Body • Work • Pop Up Coliving
Exploring Self Care & Good Habits for a Better Nomad Life
1st to 29th of April, Burgas Coliving, Bulgaria
WHY WE CREATED THIS POP UP
Living the digital nomad life is living the dream, but it also comes with a lot of unique challenges. We understand how difficult it is to create and maintain healthy habits while on the road – changing locations, time zones, languages, cultures, even grocery stores… It’s not always easy to figure out food, incorporate some movement, have a productive professional life, and stay sane while making travel plans and working.
We have been taught self-care practices and routines, but as location independent professionals our daily life is so different from those of most people, so why would the conventional ways work for us? It doesn’t make sense and oftentimes, trying to follow them makes us feel more frustrated than anything else.
We have chosen an unconventional lifestyle and in the same way, we explore the world and find which places we feel good at, we should also explore self-care practices that feel good for us personally, and adapt to our way of life, instead of struggling to follow what everyone tells us we should do.
The purpose of this magical month is for you to explore and find what feels good. Discover what brings you joy, what helps you be healthier, more energised, more mindfully productive, to give you all the tools and tips that you can take with you on the road in order to make the best of your nomad lifestyle.
You can find the perfect balance that works for you without sacrificing your health or professional development, without hustling or starving yourself, mindfully and positively with the help of professionals and a supportive like-minded community.
- This Pop up is not a retreat or a holiday. It’s a month long and the objective is for you to build great habits that can actually be useful during your everyday life, so we will make sure there’s enough time dedicated to productive work sessions
- This will not be a boot camp where you’ll be killing yourself exercising – it’s all about exploring what works best for you and all sessions are optional
- This is not a weight loss program – it’s about helping you to build healthy habits and a solid base for feeling good in your body
- This is not a place where you will be on a diet and eat green salad for a month. We love good food (and wine) and we will give you the tools for preparing nutritious and delicious food that is good for your mind, body and soul, but that is also adapted to the ever changing nomad life.
- This is not a yoga and meditation retreat – while we will offer a wide variety of yoga and meditation practices for you to try, we totally understand if this might not be your cup of tea. Don’t worry even if you minimise or skip altogether the spiritual part of it, you will still have plenty of other activities to choose from and nomad life hacks to learn (But promise us to keep an open mind and try at least one session, because it might be very different from a yoga practice you’ve tried before)
- This is not a strict program, we recognise that each individual has a different set of needs and we aim to provide the tools that work for you in a safe and non judgmental space
- This is not a regular coliving & coworking – while all activities are optional, there will be a lot of added value to you, working with 2 professionals like Salomé and Anastasia for a month you will learn a lot and will possibly dramatically improve your lifestyle
- 28 nights of accommodation in the beautiful Burgas Coliving on the Bulgarian seacoast – comfortable rooms & large shared areas, fully-equipped coworking space on site with 500mbps internet, plenty of outdoor space (and outdoor coworking), secured parking. You can find more details about Burgas Coliving here.
- 30min initial consultation with our instructors, to better understand your challenges and personal needs
- a variety of professionally lead self-care practices to explore and see what fits your personality and schedule best, including: yoga practices of different styles and adapted to all levels, shorter and longer workout sessions, hikes, runs, meditations, breathing techniques, art & mindfulness practices, dance workouts, mindshift practices, intention setting, practical tips for travel days or busy times, women’s health and cycles, journaling and mental health practices
- a package of 10 workshops and skillshares with practical advice from professionals to take your nomad lifestyle to another level, including: self-reflection, nutrition & food prep on the road, connecting with nature, incorporating movement and staying active, connection to other, getting enough rest, cultivating creativity and more
- 1 full body massage (60min)
- Day trips on weekends and local activities to discover the area
- Digital tools and workbooks that you can use for the future
- 10% discount if you wish to stay at Burgas Coliving after the pop up month of April
- 10% discount for future online programs and sessions with Anastasia
- 10% discount for a stay at Chateau Coliving in France (valid from October 2023 to May 2024)
- SPA centre with mineral water walking distance from the Coliving (10 Euro per day)
- Swimming Pool Access (5 Euro)
- Healthy takeaway lunches with fresh local ingredients (5-10 Euro)
- Guided day trips in the local mountains with lunch included – tbd
- Boat Trip and Lunch at Saint Anastasia Island – tbd
- Wine and / or Beer Tasting with a Sommelier – (20 Euro)
- Birdwatching trip at the Salt Lakes of Burgas
- Weekend trips to Varna, Plovdiv, Sofia, Istanbul or Bucharest
Eastern Europe is famous for its inexpensive and very high quality beauty services. We’d be happy to recommend you tested beauticians for waxing, facials, mani/pedi, hairdressing, massages and other beauty treatments for a fraction of the price you’d pay elsewhere in Europe.
MEET YOUR HOSTS
Salomé is a nomad yoga teacher incorporating various yoga styles – Vinyasa, Hatha, Yin, Anatomy (500h YTT). She is also a part-time host at Chateau Coliving in France, working primarily with digital nomads and remote workers. She loves all activities related to nature, especially hiking and is a huge lover of the ocean. Salomé is a former gymnast and dancer, so everything related to the art of movement comes natural to her.
She is also a Reiki practitioner.
Anastasia is a nutritionist with an ayurvedic approach and a holistic chef, as well as a fitness, pilates and yoga instructor. She is a former national level swimmer for Ukraine. She is passionate about women’s health and longevity and constantly researching new ways to keep our bodies young and healthy, while being kind to ourselves and mindful in our approach. Her favourite hobby is surfing. Read more about Anastasia.
Katya is the founder of Burgas Coliving – an urban architect by profession and a runner and chef by passion. She is interested in spirituality and mental health practices, lover of quality food, good wine, slow travelling and enjoying life with great people. Born and raised in Burgas, she knows the region inside out and would love to share its beauty with you. At Burgas Coliving, Katya has created a unique space for everyone to work productively, eat organic local food, discover an off-the-beaten-path nomad destination and make lifelong friendships with a great international community.
ROOMS & RATES FOR 1 PERSON* FOR THE MONTH
Please note that reservations close on February 15th, 2023.
Double Room with private bathroom – 2100 Euro
Double Room with shared bathroom – 1900 Euro
Single room with shared bathroom – 1800 Euro (3 rooms available)
Single bed in a double room with private bathroom – 1500 Euro (2 rooms available)
Single bed in a double room with shared bathroom – 1400 Euro (2 rooms available)
*If you wish to have a second person in a double room who will be participating in the pop activities or not – please contact us.
Note: Minimum 10 and maximum 14 participants. From our experience of facilitating international communities – this is the perfect group size that allows creating meaningful connections, accountability and personalised approach.
The organisers reserve the rights to cancel the pop up and fully refund the participants in the event of not meeting the minimum number of 10 participants for the month.
50% deposit at the moment of reservation
50% final payment at the start of the Pop Up
The initial deposit is non refundable, however if you are unable to come, someone else can take your spot at no extra cost.
For cancellations made between 30 and 5 days prior to the start of the event, the client is due 20% of the total rate – in addition to the first deposit.
For last minute cancellations of less than 15 days prior to the start of the event, the client is due 40% of the total rate – in addition to the first deposit.
Bulgaria is in EU, but is outside the Schengen Zone, which means free movement and unlimited stays for EU nationals and up to 90 days visa-free stays for most other nationalities. Staying in Bulgaria doesn’t take up your Schengen days allowance.
Burgas is situated on the Black Sea coast and has a population of 200 000 citizens. With it’s beautiful beaches, nearby mountains and a couple of UNESCO sites in the vicinity of the city, the area is very popular for travellers during the summer months.
April is the beginning of spring in Burgas and temperatures are expected to be mild and pleasant without getting too hot (between 18° and 24° degrees Celsius). It’s also right before the high tourist season, so the city will be lively with locals but not yet crowded.
Burgas Airport is 15min away from the Coliving and offers direct flights to UK, Poland, Hungary, Austria, Norway, Finland, Germany, Netherlands, Slovakia and more.
Varna Airport is 2 hours away by bus or 1h 30min by car from Burgas Coliving
Sofia Airport is the main airport in the country with a number of international flights. The drive to Burgas is 3h (highway road only), alternatively there are many buses and trains that connect the two cities.
Istanbul Airport – one of the main airport hubs in the world is 5 hours away from Burgas and there’s a convenient bus connection. Important: please note that since Turkey is a non-EU country crossing the land border may take 30 min to 2 hours time depending on the traffic. Also you won’t be able to rent a car from Istanbul and drive to Bulgaria, so the bus connection is the best option.