CHATEAU COLIVING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By accessing this website and further booking a furnished accommodation at Château Coliving, you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use this website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “coliver”, “resident”, ‘guest’, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. “The Property” refers to Chateau Coliving’s buildings (main castle, manor house, coworking space, chapel building, medieval castle building, maisonnette etc.) and the surrounding park area. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to the same.
Purpose of the property
Mixed professional and residential use
List of premises, parts, equipment and accessories of the building for common use include:
Park, tennis court, living rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, bicycle garage, TV, musical instruments, outdoor games, garden furniture, trash can, coworking space, entrance halls, dining rooms, basement, laundry room, storage rooms.
Equipment for access to information and communication technologies:
Internet wifi network in the castle, manor building and coworking space, large TV screen on wheels, video projector.
Booking conditions of coliving and privatisation of the venue
The booking at Château Coliving & Coworking is considered confirmed, when we receive a deposit payment and send a written confirmation of the reservation via email. Invoices are issued on booking confirmation after payment of a deposit (50% of the total amount) or after the payment has been made in full. The deposit is necessary to confirm the booking. Full payment (the remaining 50%) is due upon check out.
In the case of a group booking, the group leader or « Lead Name » must have the authority to sign on behalf of everyone in the group. The group leader will be responsible for the full cost of the stay including insurance premiums, cancellations and amendment charges.
No booking contract exists between Château Coliving & Coworking and the resident until the booking form has been received. We reserve the right to refuse or to accept bookings in our absolute discretion. Please inform us immediately if there are any discrepancies in the costs or details of your booking.
Upon making your booking, the price of your stay will normally normally not be subject to change. However we reserve the right to increase or decrease prices in the event of any unforeseen circumstances that can directly affect our cost.
At the moment of booking, you will be charged a deposit of 50% of the total of your stay. The rest of the amount will be due upon checkout. Your credit card information will be kept safely as a security for any potential damages.
For group bookings concerning privatisation of one or more buildings on the property, there are 2 options for undertaking payments:
1. The organiser or “leader” of the group commits to the total rate of the stay preliminary agreed and pays the initial deposit plus the following final payment. In this case the organiser is obliged to take full responsibility for any damages of the property during the stay of the group.
2. The organiser or “leader” of the group commits to the total rate of the stay preliminary agreed and ensures individual payments by each participant (50% deposit + 50% final payment upon arrival). The payments must be done by credit card. Château Coliving reserves the right to keep credit card information safely as a security for any potential damages. In case neither of the participants takes responsibility for the damages made, they will be divided equally to all participants of the event, including the organiser. The organiser is obliged to facilitate this process and act as a mediator between Château Coliving and the participants.
The rent corresponds to the amount announced in the reservation confirmation e-mail.
50% of rent is dedicated to services and charges as follows :
- electricity, water & gas, internet connection
- personalized and permanent community activities for the residents
- cleaning services (once a week for the individual bedrooms and twice a week for the shared areas, including final cleaning upon checkout)
- residence tax
- garden and park maintenance
- laundry service for bed linen, bath and kitchen towels (personal laundry not included)
For individual coliving bookings:
If a cancellation is made more than 25 days prior to the arrival date, the deposit will be kept as a credit to be used in the next 18 months. In case of a cancellation between 25 and 10 days prior to arrival, Château Coliving will keep a cancelation fee of 25% of the total amount of the booking and the rest of the deposit can still be used (by you) as a credit for the 18 months to come.
For cancellations made 10 days or less prior to arrival, or in case of a no-show, the client will be charged the full amount of the booked stay, without the right of any refund.
If the guest decides to leave earlier than scheduled, in case of a no-show or if the guest cancels the booking after the arrival date, a full payment is required.
Cancellation policy for group bookings is individually agreed on case by case basis, depending on the length of the stay.
Alterations may be possible if informed 30 days prior to arrival depending on availability. For every booking alteration an administrative fee of 50 Euro will be charged.
Once the deposit has been received, any booking alteration to shorten the stay will be charged a penalty fee of EUR 100.
Less than 30 days prior to arrival, no reimbursement will be possible if the guest decides to leave earlier than the date of departure or if the guest comes later than the date of arrival.
If you have been issued a voucher, please read the policy carefully.
- It can only be used by the person who the voucher was issued to. It is non-transferable (unless clearly marked as transferable) .
- The voucher must be used before the expiry date.
- The voucher can only be extended due to reason of illness or travel restriction*
- Gift vouchers can be used only upon preliminary reservation and booking is subject to availability.
- Voucher holders must respect the minimum stay at the Property, regardless of the amount on their voucher
*The duration of any voucher extension is decided at the discretion of Château Coliving & Coworking.
Chateau Coliving & Coworking accepts no responsibility for any loss, theft, or damage to persons or property during their stay. In case of damage or theft that a guest causes to the property (this includes the castle, the manor, the coworking space and the park), they will be held responsible and required to reimburse us for the amount of the damage. In such case, Château Coliving will send an invoice that must be paid within 30 days upon reception or charge your credit card directly. If you notice damage in your room it must be reported within the first 24h after arrival, alternatively, it will be automatically assumed that the damage was made by the guest and it will be added to their final bill.
In case of damages in the shared areas the guests are obliged to take one of the following actions:
- replace the item damaged or repair it, paying all the related costs
- report if a third person has made a damage and didn’t report it to a staff member
- cover the costs of the damage to Château Coliving, plus 50 Euro handling fee
If none of the above actions are taken, Château Coliving reserves the right to divide the cost equally to all clients staying at the chateau at the moment of the damage.
In these situations we highly encourage honesty, ownership, accountability and responsibility from all the guests.
It is the guests’ responsibility to ensure that they have the correct visas and other appropriate travel documents for entry into France. All costs incurred in obtaining such documentation must be paid by the guest. We regret we cannot accept any liability if the guests are refused entry onto any transport or into the country due to failure on their part to carry all required documentation. If failure to have any necessary travel or other documents result in fines, surcharges or other financial penalties or expenses being imposed on or incurred by us, guests will be responsible for reimbursing accordingly.
Residents must also be in compliance with their employer for telecommuting.
All residents must have a liability insurance and a travel insurance valid for the time of their stay.
Accidents, injuries or death
You must have a valid travel insurance that covers your loss for unforeseen circumstances or accidents; such as illness, family emergencies or other situations that may affect your travel plans.
Château Coliving & Coworking can not be held responsible in case of injuries, accident or death happening on the property (castle, manor, coworking space and/or park) or during an excursions/activity outside the property. Any injuries, accidents or death that occur during the stay at Château Coliving & Coworking has to be covered by the guest’s personal insurance or expenses.
Conduct During the Stay
All guests in Château Coliving & Coworking, including invitees’ guests, must be approved by the team through advance registration. We reserve the right to remove visitors who do not comply with the proper registration.
Aiding in gaining an unauthorized person access to the premises is grounds for removal.
You are expected to read the information that is provided to you regarding your stay and the way life at the property is run.
You must not defame, abuse, harass, harm or threaten others, make any bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive statements during your stay with us. You may not advocate illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them or cause injury or property damage to any person. We reserve the right to refuse to further accommodate guests behaving irresponsibly and contractual obligations will be terminated. We reserve the right to stop all communications with guests disrespecting our code of conduct and will be blocking them from our social media channels, our internal communication channels, and our email list.
Everyone staying at the property automatically agrees to the code of conduct published on our Notion page.
Failure to comply with the code of conduct will result in removing the guest or group, charging the full price of their stay and terminating any contractual agreement.
All activities at Château Coliving & Coworking, whether they are indoor, outdoor, on the property or outside are optional and are at the guest’s own risk. Château Coliving and its staff and third party contractors do not take any responsibility in case of an accident that has occurred during an activity proposed by Château Coliving or any of the guests, including game accidents, car accidents, accidents in nature, food poisoning or allergies, sickness.
You must abide by our Children policy. Children younger than 7 years old are allowed to stay in the apartments and visit the castle accompanied by an adult and with the agreement of the guests staying at the castle. Children of any age are not allowed in the coworking area.
Children should not be left unattended at anytime. Château Coliving and its guests accept no responsibility for children at the property. Children’s safety is entirely at the responsibility of the parents.
You must abide by our Pets guideline if you are bringing a pet. You must inform us of your intention to bring a pet at the moment of your booking. Château Coliving reserves the right to refuse bookings of guests with pets or terminate the stay of a guest with a pet if they don’t comply with the pet guidelines or in case the presence of the pet holds of any risk for the other guests, team members or the property.
Use of infrastructure
Any damages due to natural disasters is outside of Château Coliving’s control, and Château Coliving can not be held responsible. This includes damages on cars parked at the property or damages of any personal belongings anywhere on the property.
Reaching our property
During the booking process, we recommend the best way to reach us by public transportation the same day as indicated in the booking confirmation. We can not be held responsible for missed flights, public transportation deficiencies, strikes or hotel stay expenses because of a missed connection.
Your permission to use the Site is conditioned upon the following use, posting and conduct restrictions:
You agree that you will not under any circumstance:
- access the Service for any reason other than your personal, non-commercial use solely as permitted by the normal functionality of the Service;
- collect or harvest any personal data of any user of the Site or the Service
- use the Site or the Service for the solicitation of business in the course of trade or in connection with a commercial enterprise;
- distribute any part or parts of the Site or the Service without our explicit written permission (we grant the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of creating publicly-available searchable indices but retain the right to revoke this permission at any time on a general or specific basis);
- use the Service for any unlawful purpose or for the promotion of illegal activities;
- attempt to, or harass, abuse or harm another person or group;
- use another user’s account without permission;
- intentionally allow another user to access through your account;
- provide false or inaccurate information when booking;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Service;
- make any automated use of the Site, the Service or the related systems, or take any action that we deem to impose or to potentially impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or network infrastructure;
- bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we take to restrict access to the Service, or use any software, technology, or device to scrape, spider, or crawl the Service or harvest or manipulate data;
- circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of content, or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the content accessible via the Service;
- publish or link to malicious content of any sort, including that intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer;
we grant the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of creating publicly-available searchable indices
Unless otherwise stated, Château Coliving & Coworking and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from our website for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not: republish material, rent or sub-license material, reproduce, duplicate or copy material, redistribute content from our website.
Last updated on October 12th, 2023.