WHY WE CREATED THIS WELLNESS COLIVING EXPERIENCE
Living the digital nomad life is living the dream, but it also comes with a lot of unique challenges. We understand how difficult it is to create and maintain healthy habits while on the road – changing locations, time zones, languages, cultures, and even grocery stores… It’s not always easy to figure out food, incorporate some movement, have a productive professional life, and stay sane while making travel plans and working.
Retreats are pricey, require time off and we never fully transfer the practices learned into our everyday lives.
With this one month of coliving we aim to do exactly the opposite – incorporate wellness & self-care into your already existing routines.
You will benefit from a curated program that centers on wellness.
We know that for location-independent professionals, it is not easy to follow the conventional ways of wellness. In the same way that we have all chosen an unconventional lifestyle to explore the world and find places where we feel good, we should also explore self-care practices that feel good to us personally and can be adapted to our way of life, instead of struggling to follow what everyone tells us we should do.
The purpose of this magical month is for you to explore and find what feels good. Discover what brings you joy, what helps you be healthier, more energized, and more mindfully productive, to give you all the tools and tips that you can take with you on the road in order to make the best of your nomad lifestyle.
With the help of inspirational workshops and mindful activities designed for location-independent professionals, you can find the perfect balance that works for you without sacrificing your health or professional development, without hustling or starving yourself, mindfully and positively with the help of professionals and a supportive like-minded community.
MEET YOUR HOSTS
With 500 hours of training, Salomé spent one year doing the 380H international certification in Hatha / Vinyasa (accredited by the International Yoga Federation and the Fédération Francophone de Yoga) with Sylvie Tremblay at Yoga Sangha, Montreal. She also studied Yogatherapy and Anatomy with Laurier-Pierre Desjardins and Yin Yoga with Albert Bissada. Besides yoga, she is learning and practicing Reiki (level 2).
Her vision is to offer an experience that is both inspiring and full of simplicity, where the gesture carries us to meditation in movement. In her opinion, Yoga allows us to inhabit our body a little more and to open up, to our heart and to the whole world. It is a real journey that begins on the mat with each practice, a meeting with oneself that connects us and develops a serene balance, both physically and mentally. Yoga is also a state of mind and a way of life she tries to cultivate and share every day through practices, on and off the mat.
Born and raised in Burgas, she knows the region inside out and would love to share its beauty with you. At Burgas Coliving, Katya has created a unique space for everyone to work productively, eat organic local food, discover an off-the-beaten-path nomad destination and make lifelong friendships with a great international community.
ACTIVITIES & WORKSHOPS
You will have the opportunity to attend 4 workshops (one per week) by internationally recognised professionals who are also nomads and understand the location-independent lifestyle, covering topics such as psychological shifts, movement, nutrition, nomadic lifestyle, etc.
Daily, you will also explore a wide variety of professionally led self-care practices to see what fits your personality and schedule best, including different styles of Yoga adapted to all levels, shorter and longer workout sessions, hikes, runs, meditations, breathing techniques, art & mindfulness practices, dance workouts, etc.
Brainspotting is a somatic mind-body approach that helps clients feel less activated in their bodies after processing traumas and other issues. In order to help her patients manage, she teaches them coping mechanisms. In order to make her clients feel seen, heard, and validated, she uses an anti-racist and culturally sensitive approach.
Nancy is aiming to help you feel empowered and find your voice, learn to set boundaries, and break cycles because you deserve healing.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP · Soul-Care VS Self-Care
If you’re feeling tired, anxious, stressed, or burnt out from taking care of everyone else around you except for yourself, this workshop will show you a different perspective on how to evaluate what is best for you at this moment. You might think you are taking the time for self-care, but you still feel exhausted and don’t know why but something is not working.
It could be because self-care and rest were never modeled for you and you now find yourself trapped in a hustle culture. It could be that nobody ever taught you what self-care is and what it needs to look like for you.
You will also get a chance to try Brainspotting, a somatic approach that helps us connect with our bodies and tune in to what is preventing us from really practicing sustainable self-care aka Soul Care.
ABOUT KATYA & TONY
Seven years ago they started running from scratch, while battling various health problems, and now they have more than 50 running races behind them – city marathons, trail runs, 55+ km ultramarathons, all successfully finished.
A few months after they started running, things escalated so much that Tony even started his own brand of running clothes.
Over the years they have had good experiences, bad experiences, good decisions, bad decisions, pain, suffering, joy, happiness and now they would like to share their big lessons, the DOs and DONTs and help others start their running journey.
Now they are advocates for running, promoting the benefits of running and the secrets of how anyone can become a marathoner without much effort, without depriving yourself of anything, by keeping balance in your life and just enjoying every moment when you are out in nature and just running.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP · Running for Non-Runners
Tony and Katya will give you everything you need to know as a beginner in running
- WHY running is a perfect sport for digital nomads
- WHAT you need before you start – including gear, mental and physical preparation
- HOW to set a smart running goal
- HOW to warm up your body, stretch, breathe, maintain correct body positions
- TIPS on how to reach higher endurance levels while running
- The right diet for runners
- Physical and emotional benefits of the running
- Outdoor practical lessons
Leah has always been an ardent traveler. She became a full-time digital nomad in the summer of 2022, and has successfully navigated the often difficult world of staying healthy while on the road. Through her own experiences overcoming challenges on the road, and also working with digital nomad nutrition clients, she has a wealth of knowledge to help digital nomads navigate the unique challenges this lifestyle presents and improve their health even while on the road.
Leah is a foodie and a firm believer that eating healthy does not mean you have to sacrifice taste or enjoyment. Her holistic approach to nutrition emphasizes the importance of incorporating a healthy balance of evidence-based nutrition, as well as helping clients tune into their own unique bodies and intuition to live their healthiest lives. She believes in the body’s innate intelligence, and the importance of incorporating the mind, body, and soul in healing.
Leah loves cooking, spending time in nature, self-growth and personal development, yoga, meditation, surfing, going for walks and listening to podcasts, and trying new restaurants and coffee shops around the world. She is also a certified yoga teacher and Reiki practitioner.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP · How to Eat Well on the Road
The passionate Leah will give you all the tips, information and more about HOW TO EAT WELL ON THE ROAD. In this precious workshop, you will learn:
- WHY you should prioritize focusing on nutrition as a digital nomad: the role of nutrition on energy levels, productivity and mood
- WHAT: the top foods and nutrition topics to focus on as a digital nomad: grocery shopping, reading food labels, how to create a routine while being a nomad
- HOW to actually eat as a digital nomad, (scientific & practical perspectives): gut health, inflammation, blood sugar, recipe ideas and e-book
- OTHERS: how to deal with jetlag, alcohol, eating out, supplements to consider and other health hacks for digital nomads…
Drawing from her own experiences and learnings, Julia understands the profound impact of mindfulness and awareness in uncovering one’s true potential and forging a path to happiness. Her coaching methodology centers on inner work, firmly believing that the key to lasting happiness resides within each individual.
A pivotal turning point in Julia’s happiness journey came when she confronted her limiting beliefs head-on. By breaking free from these thought patterns and gaining a fresh perspective on her life story, she could identify the beliefs that had been constraining her personal and professional growth.
With unwavering dedication, Julia now empowers her clients to do the same, guiding them through the process of self-discovery and transformation. Through her mindful approach and supportive guidance, she helps others uncover their hidden potential and embrace the happiness they deserve.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP · Break Your Patterns: Unraveling Your Life’s Timeline (October 21st and 22nd)
Limiting beliefs are negative thought patterns we hold about ourselves and the world. They influence our life and decisions by creating self-doubt, fear of failure, and a fixed mindset, preventing us from reaching our full potential and pursuing opportunities. Breaking these thought patterns is the key to personal growth, empowerment and happiness in life.
Before we start identifying and challenging our belief systems, let’s explore what stories have influenced our life so far.
There’s so much wisdom inside of you. This workshop is ultimately designed to help you create some space between yourself and your story. You are not your thoughts and your thoughts are not the truth.
Thank your life story and tap into the trust that you have the power to change your present and future.
This workshop will be given in two parts, online from Burgas Coliving 🙂
Through her Happy Work Studio brand, Mine guides organizations to create a “Happy Workplace” with happy, fulfilled, and self-aware employees by blending her own remote working experience with global practices.
Being a certified Happiness Coach and the licensed country partner of Happiitude India, she has been leveraging her knowledge and expertise about “Happiness At Work” and “Workplace Culture Transformation” to provide coaching to individuals and companies around the globe.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP · Unleashing the Power of Values: The Pyramid to Achieving Extraordinary Results
In our fast-paced world, achieving meaningful results while staying true to our core values can often feel like an elusive challenge. But what if there was a clear path that leads us from our deepest beliefs to tangible outcomes? Join us for an engaging session on “Value to Results: The Pyramid of Personal Transformation“.
In this thought-provoking workshop, we will explore the pyramid model, a powerful framework that demonstrates how our personal values serve as the bedrock for everything we experience in life. At its base lies our personal values, which influence our thoughts, emotions, and ultimately, our behavior. By understanding and aligning these foundational values, we unlock the potential to create extraordinary results in both our personal and professional endeavors.
During the session, we will delve into each layer of the pyramid:
- Personal Values: Discover the essence of who you are and what truly matters to you. Uncover the guiding principles that shape your decisions and actions, and learn how to harness them to lead a purpose-driven life.
- Thoughts: Explore the power of your thoughts and their impact on your perception of the world. Learn techniques to reframe negative thinking patterns and cultivate a positive, growth-oriented mindset.
- Emotions: Understand the vital role emotions play in our decision-making process and learn effective strategies to manage and channel emotions productively. Embrace emotional intelligence to enhance relationships and boost overall well-being.
- Behavior: Implement practical tools to bridge the gap between intention and action. Develop habits that align with your values and support your journey towards your desired results.
- Results: Witness the transformative power of embodying your values in every aspect of your life. Experience the fulfillment that comes from achieving meaningful, purposeful results that are in harmony with who you truly are.
Whether you’re striving for personal growth, career success, or meaningful relationships, the value-to-results pyramid provides a comprehensive roadmap to navigate life’s challenges while staying grounded in your authenticity. Join us to gain valuable insights, practical strategies, and newfound clarity that will empower you to unlock your full potential and create a life of purpose and fulfillment.This workshop will be given at Burgas Coliving on October 26th.
WEEKLY WORKSHOPS & ACTIVITIES
In addition to daily yoga and sports practices, Salomé will offer you weekly workshops inspired by the yoga philosophy. This will be an opportunity to learn more about this ancestral science-culture, to deepen our practice of yoga on & off the mat, and to gain more tools to support ourselves every day.
WEEK #1 ⫸ Ayurveda in Fall/Winter: keys to support the body and mind through these seasons
WEEK #2 ⫸ Practice of Gratitude, Intention & Journaling
WEEK #3 ⫸ Yoga Off the mat: Learn more about the Yamas & Niyamas
WEEK #4 ⫸ Chakras: from theory to practice
For each workshop, you’ll have access to a workbook created by Salomé, so you can keep track of what you’ve learned and apply this new knowledge in your everyday life.
MONTHLY PROGRAM & WEEKLY SCHEDULE
- WEEK 1 (October 1 – 8)
– October 1st: Opening circle of the Wellness Coliving
– Workshop #1 (October 3rd): Self-care VS Soul-care with Nancy to setup the framework and mindset of the month and our intention
– Workshop #2: Ayurveda in Fall/Winter with Salomé ; keys to support the body and mind through these seasons.
- WEEK 2 (October 9 – 15)
– Workshop #3: Running 101 with Katya and Tony
– Workshop #4: Journaling and gratitude with Salomé
– October 14: Closing circle of the first 2 weeks with the energy of the New Moon: creation of a Haiku to sum up the last days
– October 15: Opening circle for the new group with the energy of the New Moon. Setting our intention for the upcoming weeks.
- WEEK 3 (October 16 – 22)
– Workshop #5 (October 17th): Nutrition, staying healthy on the road with Leah
– Workshop #6: Yoga off the mat (Niyamas/Yamas) with Salomé
- WEEK 4 (October 23 – 29)
– Workshop #7 (October 26th): Finding your life purpose and values for a more effortless life with Mine
– Workshop #8: Arts & Craft with Katia. Draw, write, out of magazines, stickers, elements of nature, etc. to express our emotions to ourselves and people
– October 28th: Closing circle and cacao ceremony with the energy of the Full Moon
What to expect?
Here’s everything you can expect every week during our Wellness Coliving! Don’t worry: you’ll have the choice to pick and choose each activity and participate in absolutely anything you want, whether it’s ALL the activities or none at all! The aim of Wellness Coliving is to give you as many choices as possible so that you can create a routine that suits you, both mentally and in terms of your schedule. So you’ll have all the time and space you need to work efficiently!
*Please note that this program is indicative and that we may make minor changes.
8:30 – 8:45 am : Morning Meditation & Pranayama (breathwork)
9:00 – 10:00 am: Vinyasa Yoga to wake the body and mind up
7:00 – 7:45 pm: Yin Yoga to soothe the body
After dinner: Community Support Circle. Let’s be authentic and share about struggles & questions we go/went through as nomads!
8:30 – 9:30 am: Morning Breathwork & Hatha Yoga to anchor ourselves
12:30 – 1:00 pm: Lunch workout
4:00 – 4:15 pm: Mindful break (meditation, breathwork, stretching)
6:30 pm: Afterwork workshop
8:30 – 8h45 am: Morning Meditation & Pranayama
9:00 – 10:00 am: Vinyasa Yoga
12:30 – 12:45 pm : Mindful break (meditation, breathwork, stretching)
After dinner: Yoga Nidra for a relaxing night
8:30 – 9:15 am: Morning Pranayama & Hatha Yoga to anchor ourselves
12:30 – 12:45 pm : Mindful break (meditation, breathwork, stretching)
4:30 – 5:15 pm: Workout
6:30 pm: Afterwork workshop
8:30 – 8h45 am: Morning Meditation & Pranayama
9:00 – 10:00 am: Vinyasa Yoga
3:00 – 3:15 pm: Mindful break (meditation, breathwork, stretching)
- SATURDAY & SUNDAY
Weekend trips, activities, spa/massages
Yoga & Workout schedule will depend on the activities of each weekend
WHAT IT IS NOT & WHAT TO EXPECT
🧐 This Wellness Coliving Experience is not a retreat or a holiday. We would like you to enjoy self-care, learn and build habits while you’re living your everyday life, so there will be enough time dedicated to productive work sessions
🧐 This will not be a boot camp where you’ll be killing yourself exercising – it’s all about exploring what works best for you and all sessions are optional
🧐 This is not a weight loss program – it’s about helping you to build healthy habits and a solid base for feeling good in your mind and body
🧐 This is not a place where you will be on a diet and eat green salad for a month. We love good food (and wine) and we will give you the tools for preparing nutritious and delicious food that is good for your mind, body, and soul, but that is also adapted to the ever-changing nomad life.
🧐 This is not a yoga and meditation retreat – while we will offer a wide variety of yoga and meditation practices for you to try, we totally understand if this might not be your cup of tea. Don’t worry even if you minimize or skip altogether the spiritual part of it, you will still have plenty of other activities to choose from and nomad life hacks to learn (but promise us to keep an open mind and try at least one session, because it might be very different from a yoga practice you’ve tried before)
🧐 This is not a strict program, we recognize that each individual has a different set of needs and we aim to provide the tools that work for you in a safe and non-judgmental space
🧐 This is not a regular Coliving & Coworking Pop Up – while all activities are optional, there will be a lot of added value for you. You have workshops with respected international professionals, many skillshares, workbooks and resources to take with you. You will learn a lot and will possibly dramatically improve your life
- 14 or 28 nights accommodation package in the beautiful Burgas Coliving on the Bulgarian seacoast – comfortable rooms & large shared areas, fully-equipped coworking space on site with 500mbps internet, plenty of outdoor space (and outdoor coworking), secured parking. You can find more details about Burgas Coliving here.
- 30min initial consultation with our host instructor – Salomé, to better understand your challenges and personal needs
- A variety of professionally lead self-care practices to explore and see what fits your personality and schedule best, including: yoga practices of different styles and adapted to all levels, shorter and longer workout sessions, hikes, runs, meditations, breathing techniques, art & mindfulness practices, dance workouts, mind-shift practices, intention setting, practical tips for travel days or busy times, women’s health and cycles, journaling and mental health practices
- 4 workshops by internationally recognized professionals (who are also nomads and understand the location-independent lifestyle) covering topics like – psychological shifts, movement, nutrition, etc.
- 1 full body massage (60min)
- 5 x access to nearby SPA for people joining for the entire month / 2 x access for people joining for 2 weeks; facility with healing mineral water (sauna, steam bath, swimming pools, relaxation areas)
- Facilitating day/weekend trips and ideas for activities on your own to discover the area – cost for activities not included
- Digital library with handpicked resources and workbooks that you can use for the future
- 10% discount if you wish to stay at Burgas Coliving before or after the Wellness month of October
- 10% discount for a stay at Chateau Coliving in France (valid from October 2023 to May 2024)
- Healthy takeaway lunches with fresh local ingredients (5-10€)
- Guided day trip in the local mountains with lunch included (price to be determined)
- Boat Trip and Lunch at Saint Anastasia Island (price to be determined)
- Wine and/or Beer Tasting with a Sommelier (20€)
- Birdwatching trip at the Salt Lakes of Burgas (price to be determined)
- Weekend trips to Varna, Plovdiv, Sofia, Istanbul or Bucharest (price to be determined)
- Day at the beach (weather dependent)
Eastern Europe is famous for its inexpensive and very high-quality beauty services. We’d be happy to recommend you tested beauticians for waxing, facials, mani/pedi, hairdressing, massages and other beauty treatments for a fraction of the price you’d pay elsewhere in Europe.
ROOMS & RATES FOR 1 PERSON
Double Room with private bathroom – 2100€ / month 1260€ / 2 weeks
Double Room with shared bathroom – 1900€ / month 1140€ / 2 weeks
Single room with shared bathroom – 1800€ / month 1080€ / 2 weeks
Single bed in a double room with private or shared bathroom – 1400€ /month 900€ /2 weeks
👉 Fixed dates for the 2 week packages are 1st to 15th Oct or 15th to 29th Oct.
👉 We’ll do our best to distribute the content equally throughout the month. However we will not be able to repeat workshops or skillshares for the participants who are joining only for 2 weeks, e.g. they will only have half of the content that is planned for the month.
👉Note: Minimum 10 and maximum 14 participants. From our experience of facilitating international communities – this is the perfect group size that allows for creating meaningful connections, accountability, and personalized approach. The organizers reserve the right to cancel the pop-up and fully refund the participants in the event of not meeting the minimum number of 10 participants for the month.
700 € deposit at the moment of reservation.
Final payment at the latest 3 days prior to arrival.
The initial deposit is non-refundable, however, if you are unable to come, someone else can take your spot at no extra cost or you can use the deposit as a credit for future events.
For cancellations made between 30 and 15 days prior to the start of the event, the client is due 20% of the total rate – in addition to the first deposit.
For last-minute cancellations of less than 15 days prior to the start of the event, the client is due 40% of the total rate – in addition to the first deposit.
Bulgaria is in EU, but is outside the Schengen Zone, which means free movement and unlimited stays for EU nationals and up to 90 days visa-free stays for most other nationalities. Staying in Bulgaria doesn’t take up your Schengen days allowance.
Burgas is situated on the Black Sea coast and has a population of 200 000 citizens. With its beautiful beaches, nearby mountains, and a couple of UNESCO sites in the vicinity of the city, the area is very popular for travelers during the summer months.
October is still pretty mild in Burgas and temperatures are expected to still be pleasant (around 18° degrees Celsius during the day). Just remember to bring a sweater or jacket for the evening.
It’s also right after the high tourist season, so the city will be lively with locals but not overcrowded.
Burgas Airport is 15min away from the Coliving and offers direct flights to UK, Poland, Hungary, Austria, Norway, Finland, Germany, Netherlands, Slovakia and more.
Varna Airport is 2 hours away by bus or 1h 30min by car from Burgas Coliving
Sofia Airport is the main airport in the country with a number of international flights. The drive to Burgas is 3h (highway road only), alternatively, there are many buses and trains that connect the two cities.
Istanbul Airport – one of the main airport hubs in the world is 5 hours away from Burgas and there’s a convenient bus connection. Important: please note that since Turkey is a non-EU country crossing the land border may take 30 min to 2 hours time depending on the traffic. You will not be able to rent a car from Istanbul and drive to Bulgaria, so the bus connection is the best option.
We will connect the registered participants on slack prior to the event in case you’d like to share car rentals for the month or taxis/carpools to and from the airports.