Winter in Normandie
Did you know that in winter we become an island? True story. But a story for another time.
Being an island does not mean we have to stay in and isolate ourselves though! There are so many lovely and fun things to explore in this season in Normandie.
FOR THE ADRENALINE JUNKIES
- One and a half hour by car from the Chateau there is a Viaduct called Souleuvre from which lots of things can be done:
– bungee jumping
– Giant swing
It’s all organised by the company SKYPARK you can check out prices and book activities on their website directly.
- 45 min drive from the Chateau you can also try Char a Voile with Eolia Normandie for 42 euros for a 2h session. They also do group sessions from 8 people (you can contact them for group prices).
- You can still get in the water in winter! Eolia Normandie also runs Aqua Walks all year round, a great workout around Omaha beach. Contact them directly for group prices (starting at 8 people).
- Ever dreamt of flying like a bird? Less than 20 minutes drive away from the Chateau, Aeroplume can help make that dream come true thanks to their individual blimp, you’ll actually have to flap your wings! It’s 60 euros per person (anyone above 7 years old and under 90 kgs, for30 minutes experience. (picture below ©Aeroplume website)
FOR THE NATURE LOVERS
- Are you familiar with the GR trails? They are long distance hiking trails all across Europe. Normandie happens to be crossed by GR21 , The Alabaster coast trail, (from Tréport to le Havre), which was voted best in France in 2019!
- Normandie is a great region to discover by bike! We have bikes at the Chateau you can borrow so you do not even have to bring your own.
- Winter is the perfect time of year to explore the beautiful marshlands full of life and biodiversity! The Maison du Parc is only 12 minutes away by car and the starting point of your nature walk. They also host events all year round such as bird watching tours, photography and art exhibitions or talks. (Picture below ©Normandie Tourisme)
FOR THE CULTURE EXPLORERS
- 45 min from le Chateau you will access some of the well known D-Day beaches such as Omaha beach.
- 15 minutes away from us you’ll find the D-Day experience museum. A one of a kind immersive museum about WWII with flight simulator and 3D cinema.
- The famous Mont Saint Michel (picture below) is not to be missed of course. It’s a 1h40 minutes drive that will be worth it. And what a treat to explore it at the low season! There are several ways to access the Mont by foot, shuttle or even horse carriage, so have a look at their ‘preparing my visit’ page for more info and prices.
- 40 min drive from le Chateau you will reach Cherbourg and the Cite de la Mer for anyone passionate and/or curious about anything related to the sea and the ocean.